Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Home again

I was on the road for 18 days, getting home late on May 29th!  I drove 4,989 miles.  I was tired ... 

In May, I stopped in two places in New Mexico, plus Phoenix, San Diego, Arroyo Grande, Carlsbad, St. George, Grand Junction, Windsor, Fort Collins, Omaha, Kansas City, and Joplin.

As I came home from Kansas City/Joplin, I could see the storm to the west of me, and it finally caught me on the north edge of DFW Airport.  Talk about a deluge and slow traffic -- rush hour, too, and a construction zone.  All we needed was a pileup, but fortunately, everyone was driving very slowly and carefully.  It took me an hour and a half to get from DFW Airport to my place, a drive that normally would have been about 30 minutes. 

Good news is that my order of Grenadine sock yarn from MadTosh had arrived, so I picked it up.  A good friend will get the benefit of these socks.  Pattern:  Catherine.  It was hard to let these go!  But friends be friends . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment