Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What drives your knitting?

I think it is color and pattern that drives my knitting.  I love color, and that makes me buy more yarn than I can possibly knit up (anything familiar there?).  But texture and pattern follow closely.  I find plain vanilla knitting a little hard to bear.  Bo-oring!

On the needles right now are socks that take care of both of those motivators.  I am using a soft baby boy blue yarn, Knit Picks Stroll in Wonderland Heather, and a lime green remainder from another project.  The blend is luscious.  What do you think?  The pattern is Broken Seed Stitch by handepande.   

By the way, Granddaughter #1 is having two boys in October, and Granddaughter #2 is having a boy and a girl in October.  Two sets of twins in the same month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment